1112 E. 10th, Kansas City, Mo
The newly renovated L. Minor Care Center (LMCC) is a ministry of City Union Mission that offers shelter in a secure environment for as many as 35 men who require more individualized care and attention than can be offered in the Men’s Center, based on the following criteria:
- 1. Men with mild to moderate mental health issues.
- 2. Elderly men, depending on their health status.
- 3. Physically handicapped men.
- 4. All men must be able to tend to their own basic needs, meaning – he is able to feed himself, shower by himself, dress himself, and is mobile. Staff assistance may be required in the area of reminders, but a staff person should not have to intervene in the basic daily functions.
How does a person get enrolled in the LMCC?
- 1. The man presents issues that cause him to not fit well in the general population at our Men’s Emergency Shelter.
- 2. The individual is nominated by shelter managers and case managers for entry into the LMCC.
- 3. The individual is approved by the special needs committee.
- 4. There is space available.
Note: Outside agencies cannot make recommendations for men. They must be evaluated by shelter staff for recommendation to the LMCC facility.