Our partners at Hy-Vee have supported the poor and homeless in Kansas City for several years now. Every year amongst their many events and donations, Hy-Vee hosts a big grocery bag drive where they invite the community to buy bags full of groceries while they shop to donate to City Union Mission. This year the grocery bag drive was eclipsed by the onset of the pandemic, and while folks were out shopping to stock up at home, they actually donated more than ever before to help those in need! We are grateful to Hy-Vee for making this happen and for their continued support, despite what has proven to be a very challenging year.
Benefits of Engaging as a Community Partner:
- Logo on the Mission’s Corporate Partners web page
- Corporate eNewsletter recognition (monthly circulation)
- Recognition on social media (audience of 18,000+)
- Light Newsletter recognition
- Brand association with our nearly 100 year organization
Ways to Engage as a Community Partner:
- Volunteer: We invite you and your employees to come volunteer with us as a group! Come for a group volunteer experience or sponsor and serve a meal. Opportunities can be found HERE.
- Host a Drive: The Mission is in need of donated clothing, food and hygiene items all year round. Host a drive with your employees to collect donations or plan a company-wide initiative to support the Mission.
- Workplace Giving: Partner with the Mission to maximize your company’s giving potential through Employer Matching Gifts, Employer Advised Funds and more. Click HERE to find your company.
- Sponsor an Event: Throughout the year the Mission has different events and fundraisers going on. See sponsorship opportunities here. BWAM, CHOC, Mission Christmas.
- Career Development Partner: Participate in mock interviews, hire applicable candidates and attend our career fairs. Corporate partners can also help with resume building and other career workshop opportunities.