Kansas City Students
- Classes on Friday(10-11am CT) cover a myriad of topics of importance in the ministry of Rescue.
- The students participate in interactive class discussions on the topic of the week.
- Guest speakers are included on occasion.
- There are regular reading assignments from the sLi textbook,”Called to Serve, Servant Leadership Jesus Style”. Click to learn about the sLi textbook!
- The Friday classes coordinate with each chapter from the sLi textbook.
- At City Union Mission, the student is assigned an on-the-job training assignment each quarter to give them varied experiences in line with their ministry goal.
- Supervisors for each quarter must provide training and a three-month evaluation.
- The dollar value of services given to the student (housing, meals, education, training etc.) exceeds the dollar value of 16-20 hours of work (on-the-job training) figured at minimum wage or better.
- Our graduates are well received in the Mission workforce.