QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT: Please read BEFORE proceeding with application.
STATEMENT OF MINISTRY: City Union Mission is an evangelical Christian ministry committed to sharing the gospel and meeting the spiritual, physical, and emotional needs of men, women, and children who are poor and/or homeless. Due to this, every staff member must have the following personal qualifications.
STATEMENT OF FAITH | DOCTRINAL STATEMENT: (ALL employees of City Union Mission must agree with the following) City Union Mission is a non-denominational, religious/social welfare organization founded in 1924. Section 2, Article X of the Articles of Association states: At no time during the existence of said City Union Mission, Inc. shall its objects and purposes be conducted at variance with the following doctrinal statement:
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, inerrant, entirely trustworthy, and the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, Creator of all and eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- In the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ (God manifest in the flesh); in His virgin birth, His Sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, His present rule as Head of the Church, and His personal return in power and glory.
- Man is born with fallen nature and is therefore lost and sinful; that by faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ (through grace and apart from works), and regeneration of the Holy Spirit any person is saved and becomes a child of God.
- In the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit; in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a godly life to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the spiritual unity of all true believers, the Church, the Body of Christ.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, those who are saved will be glorified and reign with Jesus Christ and those who are lost will suffer eternal damnation.
City Union Mission reserves the right to interpret the Scriptures, as the Board of Directors, the Pastor’s Advisory Committee, and the Executive Director believes to be correct. For example, the above mentioned believe homosexual relations, sexual immorality, and divorce that is not due to adultery or abandonment, to be condemned by the Scriptures. It is recognized that although there are many sins to keep our lives free from, the above-mentioned specific sins are named because we live in a day that these are often justified even among Christians.
A major emphasis of the statement of ministry of City Union Mission is to “share the gospel.” For that reason, each employee is considered a representative and ambassador of the Lord Jesus Christ, whose Word speaks very clearly against the above practices or actions (see Romans 1 and Matthew 5:31-32; Exodus 20:13, 21:22-25)
Every position at City Union Mission may involve working with or around children at some capacity. In light of this, please answer the following questions:
All positions at City Union Mission involve using a computer. Therefore, we require applicants to have basic computer proficiency.
PLEASE INDICATE YOUR SKILL LEVEL: (1= no experience, 10 = expert)
I hereby certify that the information contained in this application form is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and agree to have any of the statements checked by employer or any of its agents unless I have indicated on this form to the contrary. I understand and agree that:
- Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission of information on this application may result in my failure to receive an offer or, if I am hired, in my dismissal from employment.
- All offers of employment are conditioned on the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authority to work in the USA
- A routine inquiry may be made during the processing of this application and I authorize employer and their representatives to consult with administrators/supervisors/references and academic institutions with which I have been associated and with others who may have information bearing on my professional competence.
I release from liability the employer as well as any and all individuals, corporations, or organizations for furnishing such information.
In consideration of my employment, I agree to conform to the rules and standard of employer and that my employment and compensation can be terminated AT WILL, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, either at my option or at the option of employer.