- Classes on Friday(10-11am CT) cover a myriad of topics of importance in the ministry of Rescue.
- The students participate in interactive class discussions on the topic of the week.
- Guest speakers are included on occasion.
- There are regular reading assignments from the sLi textbook,”Called to Serve, Servant Leadership Jesus Style”. Click to learn about the sLi textbook!
- The Friday classes coordinate with each chapter from the sLi textbook.
- Distance students need a computer with camera and microphone and availability to attend video conferencing class on Fridays 10-11 central time
- Each Mission develops their plan for on-the-job training in their local Mission
- Supervisors for each quarter must provide training and a three-month evaluation.
- The dollar value of services given to the student (housing, meals, education, training etc.) exceeds the dollar value of 16-20 hours of work (on-the-job training) figured at minimum wage or better.
- Our graduates are well received in the Mission workforce.
Special Notes for Rescue Missions
- Each participating Mission develops their own plan but all utilize the Friday morning class provided by City Union Mission.
- Each Mission provides a contact person who oversees the program in the local Mission. They will work with the Director of the Institute, Lorraine Minor, in the application and evaluation processes.